Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today we are speaking with Storm Tussey-Haverly, SVP Global Marketing at Hurtigruten Group, based out of London, England.
Hurtigruten Group is the world’s leading adventure travel group. Formed of three main business units – Hurtigruten Expeditions, Norwegian Coastal Express and Hurtigruten Svalbard – they offer unique small-ship and land-based adventures from pole-to-pole.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Storm Tussey-Haverly, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- What Hurtigruten Group is and what Storm does as their SVP Global Marketing.
- Storm’s eclectic background and experience, as well as what she likes most about marketing.
- The most challenging problem in her marketing career and how she solved it.
- The difference between marketing high-end travel excursions and products like toys and technology.
- How Storm keeps her offering relevant and interesting to prospects throughout the 2 ½ year marketing funnel for cruises.
- Any experiences from Storm’s former jobs that she applies to her current role at Hurtigruten.
- How Storm differentiates the Hurtigruten brand in a crowded travel and cruise market to capture her target audience’s attention.
- How content offerings have changed in the travel/cruise space over the past decade.
- Storm shared advice for marketers working remotely and far away from their parent company.
- Advice to marketers considering bringing an agency on board for the first time.
- Any advice he would give to an agency attempting to win business from her.
Thanks Storm for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.