Scott Sanchez, Chief Marketing Officer at Harness
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Today, we are talking with Scott Sanchez, Chief Marketing Officer at Harness.
Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Scott, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- What developers are most often doing or using if they aren’t using a product like Harness.
- The over-riding benefit that Harness brings to companies – a benefit that companies weren’t able to obtain prior to using Harness.
- How AI plays a role in creating a better process for managing development of software.
- Scott’s thoughts relative to what companies will be looking at 3-5 years out – whether or not companies are doomed for disaster if they don’t take the business of security and reliability seriously.
- Any advice Scott would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down Scott’s door and attempting to win business from him, what advice he would give them
Thanks Scott Sanchez for a great interview!
A little bit about Scott:
Scott is a global marketing executive, growth advisor, and angel investor with a 25-year track record of creating and executing strategies that deliver results for growth-stage, VC-backed startups and Fortune 100s alike.
Prior to joining Harness as Chief Marketing Officer, Scott was Head of Cloud Native and Developer Marketing at Amazon Web Services (AWS), where he was responsible for leading the global marketing and growth efforts in a broad portfolio that spanned services across Containers, Serverless, and Developer Tools. Scott was part of the executive team that helped grow Metacloud to acquisition by Cisco, where he went on to build a global cloud marketing and growth function that helped create what has become a successful $15B+ software and subscription business.