Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today we are speaking with Melissa Cervin, Vice President of Marketing at Lombardo Companies, based in Shelby Township, MI.
Lombardo Companies is driven by the desire to make their customers’ dream home a reality. They work closely with homebuyers to understand their needs and design a home that compliments their lifestyle. They believe your new home should be more than just a place to live, but a place where you can build family traditions and memories that will last a lifetime. Lombardo Companies are family-owned and operated, now managed by the second generation of Lombardos.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Melissa Cervin, we discussed a wide range of issues, including:
- The type of organization Lombardo Companies is and Melissa’s role within it.
- Melissa’s extensive experience in the home building industry and what she finds rewarding about it.
- How home builders differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- The significant changes that have occurred in the home builder space over the past 20 years.
- Key takeaways from the 2023 IBS (International Builders’ Show) and the overall sentiment surrounding the industry and economy.
- How Melissa identifies “cutting edge” ideas and offerings and stays ahead of the curve.
- The role architects and designers play in staying ahead of homebuilding trends.
- Melissa’s experience working with marketing agencies and the reasons she typically uses them.
- How she determines what tasks to handle in-house and what to outsource to an agency.
- The advantages and disadvantages of working with marketing agencies.
- Advice for marketers considering partnering with an agency for the first time.
- Any advice she would give to an agency looking to win her business.
Thanks Melissa for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.