Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today we are speaking with John Vincent, Director of Business Development at Apex Automotive.
The Apex Automotive Group
The Apex Automotive Group, with locations in Myrtle Beach and Anderson, SC, treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. They know that you have high expectations, and as a car dealer they enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with John Vincent, we covered a wide range of topics:
- What The Apex Automotive Group does as an organization and John’s role within it.
- The notable changes that John has observed in the auto dealer industry over the past few years.
- John’s predictions for future changes in the industry over the next decade.
- The impact of companies like Carvana on dealership business.
- The concept of Modern Retail Marketing and the possibility of it reaching an inflection point, and if so, when.
- The need for a shift in the “net to gross” mindset in order for Modern Retail Marketing to be widely adopted.
- Whether John has an agency to assist him in overseeing all of the marketing activities for Apex Automotive.
- Any advice he would offer to agencies seeking to win business from him.
- Advice for marketers who are considering partnering with an agency.
Thanks John for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.