Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today, we are talking with David Eldred, the Chief Experience Officer for Solarity Credit Union, based out of Yakima, Washington.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with David, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- What it means to be a “Chief Experience Officer” at a credit union and how that’s different than being a CMO.
- What David likes most (personally and professionally) about the banking and credit union space, an industry he’s operated in his entire career.
- His experience with RVM (Relationship Value Management), an approach that proved invaluable in developing relationship-based pricing strategies.
- Aside from mobile banking, the biggest changes in the industry David has experienced.
- And what David thinks the banking and credit union space will look like 3-5 years out.
- The advantages of in-house teams and the advantages of working with an outside agency.
- Any advice he would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board?
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down his door and attempting to win business from him, the advice he would give them.
Thanks David for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.