Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today, we are talking with Timothy Brown, the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications for the University of Chicago Medicine.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Timothy Brown, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- How Timothy’s experience as a news anchor and reporter for stations in Iowa and Kansas influenced his work as a marketing and communications professional – and how he looks at the world differently because of it.
- How Timothy’s 10 year stint at the Salvation Army also influenced him in his professional career.
- What the biggest changes Timothy has seen happen in the marketing of healthcare brands and what he expects to see change in the years to come.
- How Timothy uses the fact that University of Chicago Medicine is one of the leading academic medical institutions to differentiate what they do from other systems in the market like Rush and Northwestern.
- How Timothy was instrumental in re-structuring the communications, marketing, and digital services supporting University of Chicago Medicine to create an internal agency structure.
- Advice he would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board.
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down Timothy’s door and attempting to win business from him, the advice he would give them.
Thanks Timothy for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.