Michael Margolies, VP Marketing + Creative at Leggett & Platt, based in Joplin, Missouri.
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Today, we are talking with Michael Margolies, the VP Marketing + Creative at Leggett & Platt, based in Joplin, Missouri.
Leggett & Platt enhances people’s lives worldwide by designing and manufacturing innovative, distinctive products and components for use in bedding, furniture, seating, homes, offices, airplanes, and automobiles. They serve a broad suite of customers, manufacturers, and retailers around the globe.
Our goal is to help marketers learn from other marketers across different industries and to help provide perspective for agencies about the things marketers deal with every day, to help them better represent their clients and win new business.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Michael, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- How supply chain issues have impacted his marketing
- How his company, which is widely diversified, managed its growth and diversification over time.
- How his experience in a marketing and creative role for Macy’s West is different from marketing in a B2B company.
- When Michael turns to outside marketing agencies to support his marketing needs.
- What Michael suggests to agencies wanting to try and knock down his door and get his attention.
Thanks Michael Margolies for a great interview!
A little bit about Michael:
Michael is a graduate of Shelbourne University where he received his degree in publishing management & graphic design. Michael joined Leggett & Platt in 2016. Prior to Leggett & Platt, Michael worked at Amazon, Macy’s West, and Cabela’s.