Julie Mann, the Chief Innovation Officer at Puris Foods.
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Today, we are talking with Julie Mann, the Chief Innovation Officer at Puris Foods.
Our goal is to help marketers learn from other marketers across different industries and to help provide perspective for agencies about the things marketers deal with every day, to help them better represent their clients and win new business.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Julie, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- Why they won the Fast Company award in 2021 for most innovative food company.
- Advice Julie has for companies looking to start selling direct-to-consumer via e-commerce platforms.
- How Puris differentiates itself from the sea of other organic products on the market.
- What she learned from her long career at companies like Hershey that she’s been able to apply to her work at Puris.
- What Julie looks for when she’s out shopping for new marketing service help.
- And the advice Julie would give any agency trying to knock down her door and win her business.
Thanks Julie Mann for a great interview!
A little bit about Julie:
My first professional and personal passion is plant based eating. I am a catalyst for better human nutrition, better understanding of the impact of shifting to plant based and how we can create a better world.
A close second is my extensive training in innovation and disruptive thinking. I have led several successful teams to breakthrough innovation and fundamental change. My talent is unearthing and championing innovative insights, combined with deep R&D expertise, to deliver the optimal innovation and disruptive products to change our world.
My third, but likely most important passion is empathy, people, communication, and transparency. I build teams that realize they CAN do more TOGETHER.