Joe Wood, the Chief Marketing Officer at Sendik’s Food Market in Wisconsin
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Today, we are talking with Joe Wood, the Chief Marketing Officer at Sendik’s Food Market in Wisconsin.
Our goal is to help marketers learn from other marketers across different industries and to help provide perspective for agencies about the things marketers deal with every day, to help them better represent their clients and win new business.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Joe, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- What it’s like to be operating in a market, competing against major national grocery retail brands.
- What Sendik’s does to successfully set itself apart.
- How they think about the consumer shopping experience now – and how that is different from where it was pre-pandemic.
- What Joe looks for when he’s out shopping for new marketing service help.
- And the advice Joe would give any agency trying to knock down his door and win his business.
Thanks Joe Wood for a great interview!
A little bit about Joe:
Joe is an innovative Marketing professional with demonstrated success in driving profitable sales in the retail channel.
Success milestones for Joe include increasing market share in competitive trade areas, orchestrating new retail pricing concepts, designing a CRM loyalty platform, and developing revenue-generating advertising and promotional programs.