Dan Klopp, the Director Of Marketing And Business Development – Space Systems Division at ILC Dover
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships.
Today, we are talking with Dan Klopp, the Director Of Marketing And Business Development – Space Systems Division at ILC Dover.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Dan, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- ILC Dover’s involvement in the production of the next generation space suit and that unlike the space suits his company created during the Apollo era, they’ll actually get to brand these suits with the ILC Dover name/logo.
- His strong belief in the “Servant-Leader/Theory Y management philosophy.”
- What he likes most about working in the business of marketing & technology – particularly space technology.
- How it is being one division of a very well-diversified holding company, and the degree to which it proves difficult to get the corporate attention and/or resources Dan’s division needs to accomplish its goals.
- The toughest challenges he faces marketing products in the technology space and how has he historically overcome them.
- Any advice he would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board?
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down his door and attempting to win business from him, the advice he would give them.
Thanks Dan for a great interview!
A little bit about Dan:
Executive with consistent record of profitable growth in a range of technology markets. Market experience includes; Aerospace, electronics, chemical analysis instrumentation, and semiconductor processing equipment. Skilled at leading teams of professionals capable of distilling diverse information into a sustainable growth strategy.