Chris Veillon, the Chief Marketing Officer for Pure Flavor
Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships.
Today, we are talking with Chris Veillon, the Chief Marketing Officer for Pure Flavor.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Chris, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- The gap that the owners saw in the market when they started Pure Flavor in 2003.
- How they have created a number of brand names that sit under the Pure Flavor umbrella and how it is to manage that many brands in such a large portfolio of products.
With “all things organic” being such the rage these days, we talked about how Pure Flavor effectively differentiates itself at shelf and in-market?
- How he supports the business from a marketing standpoint – whether monies are primarily used for retail support, like point of sale and special in-store promotion work?
- Their “Live Deliciously” magazine – and how and to whom that is distributed to and whether or not it has proved helpful in driving his business or building his brand?
Any advice Chris would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board.
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down Chris’ door and attempting to win business from him, what advice he would give them.
Thanks Chris for a great interview!
A little bit about Chris:
A bilingual, global marketing leader with more than two decades of international experience developing award winning brands through strategic leadership. Enthusiastically seeks out and creates relationships with likeminded partners to create impactful engagement opportunities. Passionate about navigating to smooth water to differentiate, no matter the topic or application. Always promoting the need to #BeRevolutionary.