Welcome to another episode of The Marketer’s Edge, a series designed to share senior level marketing perspective about marketer challenges, opportunities, and agency relationships. Our goal is to help marketers and agencies learn from other marketers across different industries. Today, we are talking with Jessica Normington, the Director of Development and Communications for Blind Industries & Services of Maryland.
Blind Industries & Services of Maryland
Blind Industries & Services of Maryland (BISM) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing career and training resources to blind residents of Maryland.
What We Discussed:
In today’s interview with Jessica Normington, we discussed a wide variety of issues:
- With this being her first job focused on working with people with disabilities, what attracted Jessica to this industry, and more specifically, this organization.
- What is most fulfilling personally working with BISM.
- What are some of the more significant challenges facing BISM and how Jessica anticipates addressing those challenges.
- How her experience working at the Pikesville Chamber of Commerce helped prepare for the work she’s currently doing at BISM.
- Jessica talks about the various services and training offered through BISM.
- How the marketing for an organization like BISM is similar and different from other marketing jobs.
- How she’s using social media to drive donations for BISM.
- Advice she would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board.
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down Jessica’s door and attempting to win business from her, the advice she would give them.
Thanks Jessica for a great interview!
Want to watch more of The Marketer’s Edge interviews? If so, click here.